Fallen Chocolate Muffins
Luscious, soft chocolate centers, these miniature chocolate 'cakes' are served warm.
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
2 large eggs
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease and flour 4 to 6 muffin cups.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth; set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar until light and creamy. Gently fold in flour, salt and chocolate mixture. Pour into muffin tins, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are set but center is still soft.
- Let cool briefly and loosen with a knife. Remove from muffin tins to serving plates. Serve warm.
Makes 4 to 6 muffins.