Granny's Spoon Rolls
No kneading, and no rising is required for these tender and yeast biscuit-like muffins. Just mix and spoon the dough into greased muffin tins and bake.
1 (0.25-ounce) packet active dry yeast, or 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 cups warm water
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
4 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; add other ingredients and stir.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dough may be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes 24 muffin rolls.