These hearty, fruit-filled granola muffins are wonderful for breakfast or as an after-school snack.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granola cereal
1/2 cup dried fruit, such as cherries, blueberries or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease muffin tins or line with paper cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend sugar, butter, eggs and milk; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix flour with baking powder and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture, stirring just to blend.
- Stir in granola and fruit. Divide batter equally among muffin cups.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
Makes 12 muffins.