Heirloom Raisin Muffins
Raisin muffins like great grandma and her grandma use to make.
1 cup raisins
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine raisins and water in saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain; reserving the liquid. Add enough water to the reserved liquid to make 1 cup; cool.
- Meanwhile, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl. Add eggs and beat 2 minutes.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture alternately with the reserved liquid to cream mixture, stirring after each addition. Stir in raisins.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake in 400°F (205°C) oven for 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Let completely cool on wire racks.
Makes 12 muffins.