Herb Pull Apart Rolls
Pull apart rolls are fun to make and fun to eat!
1 (0.25-ounce) packet active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
Pinch of granulated sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour - divided use
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon dill
- In a mixer bowl add yeast, warm water and pinch of sugar until bubbles start to form around the edges.
- To the bowl add melted butter, 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, thyme, oregano and dill.
- Attach the dough hook to the mixer and turn to speed 2 and mix for 1 minute or until everything is well blended.
- Now continue at speed 2 and add 1 1 /2 cups flour in 1/2 cup increments and mix for about 2 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover it. Place the bowl in a warm place and let it rise for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Now punch the dough down.
- Make sure you flour your work surface and rolling pin, and roll the dough into a small disk.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and divide each piece again into 6 equal pieces and roll those pieces into 36 small balls.
- Put three balls into each greased muffin pan and cover and let it rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 rolls.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.