Lemony Blueberry Oat Muffins
Moist and tender, lemon-scented oat muffins with blueberries in every bite.
1/4 cups quick oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- For Topping: Combine 1/4 cup oats and brown sugar; set aside.
- For Muffins: Combine 1 1/2 cups oats with flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine milk, egg, oil, lemon peel and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Gently stir in berries.
- Fill muffin cups three quarters full; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack for five minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins.