Maple Walnut Muffins
Enjoy these nutty, maple flavored muffins for breakfast or for an afternoon snack.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped dates
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add the maple syrup and eggs, beating until well mixed.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients, alternately with the milk, until all is blended.
- Gently fold in the walnuts and dates.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, filling each cup.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 muffins.