Miller's Bran Muffins
Muffins made with unprocessed coarse bran, also known as miller's bran. You can find miller's bran at any health food store.
1 cup boiling water
1 cup miller's bran
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup plain yogurt
2/3 cup raisins
2/3 cup mashed bananas
- In a small saucepan, mix the bran and the boiling water, remove from heat, and allow to set for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, oil, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and yogurt.
- Stir in the bran mixture, raisins, and bananas. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased or paper-lined muffin tin, about two-thirds full each muffin, and bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 25 minutes or until tested done.
Makes 12 muffins.