A hearty yeast bread made with millet flour, oat flour and cornmeal.
2 teaspoons honey
2 1/2 cup lukewarm water
2 tablespoons dry yeast
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup millet flour
2 cups white or yellow cornmeal
2 cups oat flour
- Add honey to lukewarm water and sprinkle yeast over surface. Let soak.
- Combine eggs and oil. Set aside.
- In separate bowl combine salt and flours.
- When yeast is activated, add it to the egg mixture. Then stir this into the dry mixture blending well.
- Pour batter into an oiled 9 x9-inch pan. Leave in warm place 30 to 40 minutes until dough has risen by half as much.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake 30 minutes or until bread is brown on top.
Makes 1 loaf.