Scrumptious mocha and chocolate chip muffins with cocoa-sugared tops.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, coffee, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine milk, butter, egg, and vanilla; whisk until well blended. Pour into flour mixture and stir until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full. Sprinkle sugar-cocoa mixture over top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.