"These are delicious, great to serve as a sweet breakfast treat or a quick and simple dessert!" - Recipe submitted by Judy Hensley of Gate City, Virginia USA.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 large egg yolk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) margarine or butter
1 (2-pound) loaf of sliced white bread
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar mixed with 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Mix cheese, egg yolk and 3/4 cup sugar together; set aside.
- Trim the crust off the bread slices and roll each out flat. Spread with the cream cheese mixture and roll up; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a bowl set aside.
- Mix the 1 1/2 cups sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Dip the rolls first the in melted butter then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place into two generously-buttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 24 servings.