Morning Glory Muffins
These multi-flavored muffins are a glorious way to start the day.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 carrots, grated
1 tart green apple, peeled and grated
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
3 large eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cover raisin with boiling water to cover for 30 minutes; drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl; stir in raisins, carrots, apple, almonds and coconut.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, oil and vanilla; whisk until well blended. Pour into flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Fill prepared muffin tin evenly. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.