Muffin-Tin Cinnamon Rolls
These yummy cinnamon rolls are baked separately in muffin tins, instead of together in a baking pan. A recipe for bread machines.
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup milk
1 large egg, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups unbleached white bread flour
1 (0.25-ounce) packet active dry yeast, or 2 1/4 teaspoons
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Place ingredients for dough in bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select Dough setting and start machine. Keep a close eye on the process, helping to incorporate all ingredients, if necessary.
- During the Dough cycle, prepare the Filling. Melt the butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in brown sugar and cook until sugar has dissolved, but do not boil. Remove from heat and add the cinnamon, vanilla and nuts, stirring to blend well.
- Grease 2 (12-count) muffin tins and spoon about 1 teaspoon of hot filling to coat bottom of each muffin cup. Set both muffin tins and the remaining filling aside to cool until the bread machine finishes the Dough cycle.
- Once Dough cycle is complete, remove dough and let rest for 10 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out to approximately a 18 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread the remaining cooled filling evenly over dough. Roll dough up jelly roll style. Cut into 24 even slices and place each roll into prepared muffin cups. Cover and let rise in a warm area for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes in pans and then carefully invert onto wire racks set over bakings sheets to catch any drips. (Use caution, filling will be hot.)
Makes 24 cinnamon rolls.