Nectarine Bran Muffins
Recipe courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.
1 cup all-bran cereal
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh California nectarines, chopped (about 1 1/2 nectarines)
- Combine cereal and orange juice; let stand several minutes for bran to absorb juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in egg and oil until well mixed.
- Add bran mixture and chopped nectarines to dry ingredients; stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be thick and lumpy.)
- Spoon batter into 12 greased 2 1/2 inch muffin cups.
- Bake in 400°F (205°C) oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve hot.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 125; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 18mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 309mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.