Old-Fashioned Blueberry Muffins
Serve these old fashioned blueberry muffins for breakfast or brunch.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix egg and melted butter, slowly stir in milk. Pour over the flour mixture and stir briefly to blend.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over blueberries and toss to evenly coat; fold gently into the batter.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full and bake 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins.