Peach Crumb Muffins
Tender, moist and flavorful peach muffins with a crunchy streusel topping.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup canned peaches, chopped
2 tablespoons peach syrup (from canned peaches)
1 cup lowfat peach flavored yogurt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
- For Muffins: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine peaches, peach syrup, yogurt, vegetable oil and egg; stir until well blended. Add to flour mixture and stir only until combined.
- For Topping: In a small bowl combine topping ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fill prepared muffin tins two-thirds full. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.