Peanut Butter Muffins
Triple the peanut butter pleasure for peanut butter fans! These peanut butter muffins are loaded with chopped roasted peanuts and peanut butter chips!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons finely chopped roasted peanuts
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup peanut butter chips (optional)
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons peanut crumbs, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, oil, eggs and peanut butter chips, stirring just until moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin tin evenly with batter.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons peanut crumbs and sugar; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.