A perfect sweet treat for fall and winter holidays! Recipe courtesy of U.S.A. Pears.
1 (13.75-ounce) package hot roll mix
1 to 2 fresh Anjou or Bosc pears
1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare hot roll mix and let rise once according to directions.
- Punch down and shape into 16 small balls. Flatten each slightly and place on greased cookie sheets. Cover and let rise until double.
- While dough is rising, core and finely chop pears to equal 1 1/2 cups and mix with cranberries, sugar and cinnamon.
- Make indentation in center of each bun, leaving 1/2 inch edge. Fill with pear and cranberry mixture.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 16 buns.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of U.S.A. Pears.