Pear Pecan Muffins
Recipe courtesy of Georgia Pecan Commission.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups chopped fresh ripe pear, unpeeled
1/3 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add pear and pecans and toss to coat.
- Make a well in the center. In a glass measuring cup whisk together milk, oil and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Divide batter among 12 lightly greased muffin cups (or you may line them with muffin papers). Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pans at once. Let cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Georgia Pecan Commission.