Piña Colada Muffins
Yummy muffins made with the terrific tropical flavors of pineapple and coconut, just like the cocktail.
1 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained well
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Sprinkle the coconut on a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil, butter and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened; do not over mix. Fold in the toasted coconut and pineapple.
- Fill prepared muffin tin two-thirds full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.