Pumpkin Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping
Spiced pumpkin muffins loaded with bits of fresh apple and topped with a crunchy streusel.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped peeled cored apples
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
- For Muffins: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease eighteen 1/2-cup muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
- Combine first 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Stir sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs in large bowl until well mixed. Mix in dry ingredients, apples, raisins and walnuts. Place equal amounts of batter into prepared cups.
- For Crumb Topping: Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over unbaked muffins.
- Bake muffins until golden brown and tester inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool.
- Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.
Makes 18 muffins.