Pumpkin Maple-Swirl Muffins
Maple-flavored pumpkin muffins with cheesecake swirls and a nutty topping.
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin purée
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- For Filling: Combine cream cheese, sugar and maple syrup in small bowl until blended.
- For Batter: Combine flour, sugar, nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Mix eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, oil and maple syrup in medium bowl; add to flour mixture, mixing until just blended. Fold in filling mixture just until batter is swirled.
- For Topping: Mix together sugar and nuts in small bowl.
- Fill prepared muffin tin, dividing batter evenly. Sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.