On a cool autumn morning, start your day with a warming mug of hot cocoa or coffee and one of these spiced pumpkin muffins.
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup water
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together canned pumpkin, brown sugar, melted butter, water and eggs.
- In separate bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and blend until just combined. Stir in nuts.
- Fill prepared muffin tin 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.