This recipe makes two loaves delicious loaves of spiced pumpkin yeast bread, one for you and one for gifting a neighbor or friend.
4 cups all-purpose or bread flour
1 (0.25-ounce) packet active dry yeast, or 2 1/4 teaspoons
3 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
4 large eggs
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in canned pumpkin, oil, and water; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Pour into greased loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake for 55 to 70 minutes, or until the bread is done and the center is set.
- Cool in the pans for 15 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool.
Makes 2 loaves.