Don't want or need a lot of pumpkin muffins? This recipe makes a small batch of six muffins.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons milk
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together sugar with shortening in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy; beat in egg.
- Combine pumpkin with milk in a small bowl; stir until mixed.
- Stir dry ingredients alternately with pumpkin mixture to creamed mixture, stirring well after each addition. Spoon into 6 cupcake wrapper-lined muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Slightly cool before transfering to a wire rack.
Makes 6 muffins.