Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Recipe courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 cups California raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line muffin cups with paper liners and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, honey, oil, applesauce and pumpkin together until well combined. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Then, stir in the egg mixture; add raisins and nuts. Mix just until blended.
- Fill 24 muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 12 to 15 minutes, until done.
Makes 24 muffins.
Tip: May be prepared with whole grain sorghum flour with good results.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 170; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 20mg; Total Carbs: 31g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 21g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 85mg; Potassium: 240mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.