Quick Sticky Buns
Refrigerated crescent rolls make quick and easy work of these sweet sticky buns.
2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed - divided use
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 (8-ounce) tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter 9-inch cake pan; set aside.
- Melt 2 1/2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in 1/4 cup brown sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice. Increase heat to medium and whisk until sugar melts and syrup boils. Pour syrup evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Unroll dough on floured surface; press perforations together. Roll out dough to 8 x 12-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. Starting at a short side, roll up dough as for a jelly roll. Cut crosswise into eight 1-inch-thick rounds. Arrange rounds in syrup in pan.
- Bake buns until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan 1 minute.
- Place plate over pan. Invert buns onto plate. Remove pan. Spoon any syrup in pan onto buns and serve.
Makes 8 sticky buns.