Refrigerator Cinnamon Rolls
The dough for these cinnamon rolls rests for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before it is made into cinnamon rolls.
3/4 cup warm water
2 large eggs
1 (0.25-ounce) packet active dry yeast, or 2 1/4 teaspoons
4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup butter, melted - divided use
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Beat warm water (105°F to 115°F | 40°C to 45°C) with eggs until well mixed. Stir in yeast and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, 1/2 cup butter, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Stir in yeast mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Form into a ball and place in an oiled bowl, loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spray 16 muffin cups of two muffin tins (8 from each pan) with vegetable cooking spray.
- Roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch-thick rectangle. Spread evenly with remaining 1/4 cup butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up dough like a jelly roll and cut into 1-inch slices. Place each roll in the bottom of a muffin tin and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Before placing in oven, fill any empty muffin cups with a little water so that they won't burn while baking.
- Bake cinnamon rolls for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 16 cinnamon rolls.