Sensibly Delicious Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
This reduced-sugar pumpkin bread make a great treat for breakfast, lunch or any time for those on restricted diets.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking
1 (15-ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice or water
1 cup sweetened dried, fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 2 loaves or 20 servings (10 servings per loaf).
*Substitute 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and ground cloves for pumpkin pie spice.
- For Three 8x4x2-inch Loaf Pans: Prepare as above. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- For Five or Six 5 x 3-inch Mini-Loaf Pans: Prepare as above. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
Tip: Wrap bread in plastic food wrap or aluminum foil. Refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of 1 loaf): Calories: 250 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 1.5 g Cholesterol: 40 mg Sodium: 410 mg Carbohydrates: 34 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 18 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.