Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins
These tender, scrumptious muffins have bits of yummy chocolate in every bite! Your family and friends are sure to love them.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
5 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 large egg
2 tablespoons 2% milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat the butter, sugar, sour cream, egg and vanilla with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined; stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack and then remove muffins to cool completely directly on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 242.3 calories; 44% calories from fat; 12.6g total fat; 39.0mg cholesterol; 205.2mg sodium; 56.0mg potassium; 30.9g carbohydrates; 1.0g fiber; 11.4g sugar; 29.8g net carbs; 3.3g protein.