Sour Cream and Chive Buns
These sour cream and chive yeast dinner rolls are the perfect bread accompaniment with all types of meals, they're even great for making sandwiches.
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1 (0.25-ounce) packet active dry yeast, or 2 1/4 teaspoons
1/4 cup warm water
2 1/4 cups all-purpose or bread flour - divided use
1 large egg
1 1/2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook sour cream, sugar, salt, and shortening. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Pour in sour cream mixture and 1 cup flour; beat until smooth. Stir in 1 1/4 cup flour, egg, chopped green onions; mix well. Cover; let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down. Fill greased muffin cups half full. Place in a warm place; let rise for 20 to 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 24 buns.