Spiced Blueberry Muffins
Sugar-topped, cinnamon-scented and honey-sweetened muffins bursting with fresh blueberries.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 large egg
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup honey
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease a muffin tin.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Add blueberries and toss to coat with the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat egg. Add milk, honey and oil. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Do not overmix.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.