Strawberries 'n' Mango Muffins
Cinnamon-sugar topped muffins bursting with chopped fresh strawberries and mango in every bite.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1/2 cup chopped fresh mango
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; make a well in center and set aside.
- In separate bowl, beat together buttermilk and egg. Add butter and almond extract and beat well. Stir buttermilk mixture, strawberries and mango into well in flour mixture, just until moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin tin 3/4 full.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.
Variation: Use all strawberries or all mango instead of the combination, if desired.