Sugar & Cinnamon Oat Muffins
Delicious oatmeal muffins topped with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line 12 medium muffin pan cups with paper baking cups or grease bottoms with vegetable shortening.
- For muffins: In large bowl combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg, butter and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- For topping: In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon, mixing well.
- Fill muffin cups three fourths full. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins.