Sweet Potato Biscuits
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
Dash of salt
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons milk
1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed (or 1 cup fresh cooked and mashed sweet potatoes)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, canola oil, milk and mashed sweet potato. With fork, stir together the moist and dry ingredients, just until combined.
- Turn out onto well-floured board and knead once or twice to form a ball. Roll out to 1/2-inch thick. Cut into biscuits using a 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter.
- Place biscuits on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Makes 12 biscuits.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 160; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 35mg; Total Carbs: 26g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 45mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.