Moist and tender muffins made with vanilla yogurt and goodly amount of vanilla extract.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup vanilla flavored yogurt
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
6 tablespoons melted butter (3/4 stick)
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine egg, yogurt, and vanilla; pour onto flour mixture, add the melted butter and stir just to blend. Do not over mix.
- Fill prepared muffin tin evenly with batter. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.