Whiz-Bang Banana Muffins
These banana muffins are made quickly with a blender.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
Nonstick cooking spray or shortening
1/3 cup milk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large ripe banana, cut up
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside. Lightly coat muffin pan with cooking spray or grease with shortening.
- In a blender container combine milk, egg, and oil. Cover and blend smooth.
- With blender running, add banana and blend into mixture. Pour into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fill muffin pans 2/3 full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © Copyright 2003 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.