Yellow Moon Muffins
Perhaps the most unique recipe for a cornmeal muffin ever...yet curiously interesting.
1 package cornbread mix
1 cup chopped dried apricot
3/4 cup water
1 large egg
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions. Spread the batter thinly in a well greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Soak apricots in water for 10 minutes.
- Lightly beat egg. Stir in the apricots.
- In a saucepan, heat butter. Stir in celery, onion, parsley and pepper and cook until tender.
- Combine the cornbread squares, egg and apricot mixture, celery and onion mixture, and pecans. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Press down to form muffin shapes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from pan; serve warm.
Makes 18 dozen muffins.