Wholesome and nutritious, spiced whole wheat and bran zucchini muffins sweetened with honey and studded with raisins.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups bran
1 cup shredded zucchini
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup raisins
- In a food processor, process for 5 seconds, whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and bran. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Process zucchini until puréed and stir into dry ingredients.
- Process eggs and oil for 2 to 3 seconds and add to flour mixture with milk, vinegar, honey, molasses, and raisins. Stir until just blended.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven. Let cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.