Simply delicious! Coffee-scented coffeecake with an almond chocolate filling.
1 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
3 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
2 tablespoons TASTER'S CHOICE® 100% Pure Instant Coffee
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 cups plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously butter a 10-inch bundt pan or 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine almonds, brown sugar, chocolate chips, apricots, cocoa, coffee and cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is completely smooth. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt; beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Spread half the filling on top; repeat.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before carefully turning cake out onto rack. Serve warm with powdered sugar sifted lightly over the top, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.