These hearty pancakes are a great way to start the day.
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk or apple juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 medium tart green apples, peeled and grated
- Stir together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl; stir in milk or apple juice, oil and vanilla.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Fold in apple.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F (190°C). Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
Makes 10 (4-inch) pancakes.