Apple Pancakes with Maple Pecan Butter
Enjoy a delicious autumn morning breakfast of apple buttermilk pancakes topped with maple pecan butter.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped tart green apple
Maple Pecan Butter:
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup finely chopped or ground pecans
1/2 cup maple syrup
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl; stir in buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Fold in apple.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F (190°C). Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown. Serve with Maple Pecan Butter.
- For Maple Pecan Butter: In small mixer bowl, beat butter on medium speed until light. Add pecans; mix well. Gradually beat in syrup. Makes 2 1/4 cups flavored butter.
Makes 16 (4-inch) pancakes.