Apple Sausage Pancakes with Cider Syrup
Treat your family to a delicious breakfast with the flavors of autumn.
2 cups pancake mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium green apples, peeled and shredded
1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup apple cider
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons butter
- Stir together pancake mix and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl until lemony; stir in milk and oil.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Fold in shredded apple and cooked sausage.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F (190°C). Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown. Serve with Cider Syrup.
- For Cider Syrup: In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice; stir in apple cider and lemon juice. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Makes 1 1/2 cups syrup.
Makes 12 (4-inch) pancakes.