Recipe courtesy of Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board.
2 tablespoons Italian dressing
2/3 cup mushrooms,sliced
1/3 cup red pepper, chopped
1 (14.5-ounce) can asparagus cuts and tips, drained (leftover cooked asparagus may be used)
8 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese - divided use
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat dressing in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and red pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes Add asparagus.
- Beat eggs, milk and 1/2 cup provolone cheese in a medium bowl. Pour over vegetable mixture in skillet. If handle of skillet is not oven-proof, wrap it in foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 20 minutes or until eggs are almost set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup provolone cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted on top.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board.