Baked Eggs with Creamy Spinach Hash Browns
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
2 cups frozen Southern Style potato hash brown potatoes (12-ounce)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (3-ounce)
1/4 cup water
2 cups baby spinach (2.5-ounce)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2-ounce) - divided use
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add potatoes, mushrooms and water; mix and spread in even layer. Cook, covered, 8 minutes. Turn vegetables over; cook, uncovered, until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add spinach, sour cream, 1/4 cup cheese and dill weed; mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly among four greased 10-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Press an indentation (about 2-inch diameter) into center of mixture with back of spoon. Place on baking sheet.
- Break and slip an egg into each indentation. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 25 to 30 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 255; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 237mg; Total Carbs: 19g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 13g; Sodium: 206mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.