Baked Eggs with Ham and Cheese
Baked eggs with ham and cheese served atop toasted English muffins. A complete breakfast perfect for brunch.
8 slices processed American Cheese*
8 slices ham
1/2 cup light cream (half-and-half)
8 large eggs
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese
8 halves English muffin, buttered and toasted
Dash of salt and pepper
Dash of paprika
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C).
- Cut ham and cheese slices diagonally into 4 triangles each. Arrange 4 ham triangles around the sides of 8 individual buttered ramekins or baked custard dishes (6 to 8-ounce size.) Layer 4 triangles of cheese on top of ham.
- Pour a tablespoon of cream into each dish. Carefully break an egg into each dish. Sprinkle each with seasonings and 1 1/2 teaspoons grated cheese.
- Place cups in a shallow pan, then pour hot water in pan to depth of 1 inch.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until egg sets and cheese is melted.
- To serve, invert an egg over each muffin half.
Makes 8 servings.
*Or substitute another good melting cheese, such as Gouda or Fontina.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.