Baked Eggs with Smoked Salmon
Creamy, lightly herbed, and subtly smoky, this dish adds a touch of class to any brunch.
5 ounces smoked salmon
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 shallots, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
9 large eggs
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Flake smoked salmon into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a small sauté pan until hot. Add shallots and garlic; sauté about 2 minutes. Add thyme and dill; remove from heat.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half. Pour into bowl with smoked salmon. Add cooled garlic mixture; stir well. Pour into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with Gouda cheese, salt, pepper and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve hot; top with sour cream or yogurt, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.