Baked Wonton Eggs
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
12 wonton wrappers (3 1/4 x 3-inches)
6 tablespoons chopped ham or cooked crumbled bacon
6 tablespoons shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese
6 large eggs
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Coat 6 muffin cups (2 1/2 to 3-inch) with cooking spray. Gently press 2 wonton wrappers into each cup, placing the second wrapper at a slight angle to the first wrapper.
- Sprinkle ham and cheese evenly onto wonton wrappers, making an indent for the eggs.
- Break and slip an egg into each wonton-lined muffin cup. Top with green onions.
- Bake in center of 350°F (175°C) oven until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 25 to 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 166; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Total Carbs: 10g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 13g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.