Wholesome, whole wheat and banana pancakes.
2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/3 cups milk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium ripe banana, finely chopped
- Stir together flours, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl whisk together milk, egg and oil.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Fold in chopped banana.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F (190°C). Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
Makes 10 (4-inch) pancakes.