Basic Oven Scrambled Eggs
For creamier scrambled eggs, try adding small cubes of cream cheese or a dollop of cottage cheese before cooking. Add flavor with pesto, salsa or fresh herbs.
12 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and ground black pepper in bowl until blended.
- Pour egg mixture into lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven until eggs begin to set, about 7 minutes.
- Leaving pan in oven, carefully pull out oven rack. Gently pull the eggs completely across the bottom and sides of pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds.
- Continue baking. Repeat pulling eggs with turner a few more times until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, 12 to 15 minutes Remove from oven. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
- Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese or fresh herbs.
- For rich creamy scrambled eggs, add small cubes of cream cheese or a dollop of cottage cheese before cooking.
- For added flavor, stir a bit of creamy salad dressing, pesto, salsa or your favorite herb into the egg mixture.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 158; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 425mg; Sodium: 540mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.